When your organization plans to adopt cloud computing, you generally think of public cloud. It is offered by many big companies these days. But if you opt for public cloud then you will have to share your infrastructure or applications through the internet with millions of users across the world. Some organizations cannot move directly to public cloud due to various security and other reasons. Thus, they have the option of private cloud. A Private Cloud Computing allows any organization to build the infrastructure on their own by using their personal servers or they can also involve a third party to build the server for them.
- Private cloud computing saves your time and money: Private cloud not only offers you complete security and many virtualization benefits. But, it is also cheap and is a stress-free process as compared to buying dedicated servers or buying your own servers. Your company can very easily benefit from virtualization if it has two servers, and from providing cloud with various host servers if it has more than 10 servers.
- More reliability: Private cloud offers that reliability level, which public or shared cloud often lacks. The Private cloud offers improved services that are supported by more reliable and acceptable network backbones.
- More security: As the private cloud belongs to a single organization, so the infrastructure and system are capable of providing the high level of security.
- Virtual servers joint with a SAN allow for better safety against disasters: When SAN is connected to your private cloud then it can do wonders for your organization. Apart from balancing servers for you, it can also help you to shut down one server. In case you own more than one and that too without any interruption. You can also perform other activities without any interruption like replacing a hard drive, updating software etc.
- Improves performance: Usually private cloud is arranged inside the firewall of the company’s intranet, so you experience effective and improved network performance.
- Improves resource management by fully utilizing your hardware: Virtualization uplifts the value of your physical server software. In spite of owning many servers that average 10% CPU utilization with virtualization, you can virtualize all these servers on a single physical server. This way it becomes easier for you to manage and also power usage gets reduced. If you have an organized and proper resource management tools available on your server then you can very easily a lot the suitable resources to a server when it is required. You may also turn off idle servers at the time of low usage.
- Easy customization: Under the private cloud, the hardware and all other resources can be customized easily by the company as per its needs and changes in technology.
- Better flexibility: Private cloud computing helps you to transfer resources in few seconds without worrying about finding a physical server, which will have the accurate resources for your new server requirement.
Apart from offering virtualized and combined computer resources benefits, private cloud also helps an organization in maintaining the reliability and security of a dedicated server. If managed properly, private cloud computing can prove to be very economical and beneficial process.
If you have any query related to private cloud services or adoption of private cloud then you can contact us at breeze-telecom.